Mick is a Registered Nurse who has accumulated almost 20 years experience in trauma emergency nursing. His qualifications include Bachelor of Nursing, Grad Cert in Advanced Practice (Emergency), double Grad Diploma in Management (Health and Project), level 1 Sports Trainer, NeckSafe and HeadSafe accreditation.
Together with these accolades, Mick has volunteered his time as a sports trainer for various sporting clubs in the Hunter Region including, The Waratahs Rugby Union Club, Southern Beaches Rugby Union Club and Maitland Rugby Club. In 2006 he was asked to provide injury management and sports trainer services to the Newcastle and Hunter Rugby Union senior representative side, a position he held for 5 years.
In 2014, Mick was invited to perform the same role with NSW Country Rugby Union Under 20’s Colts. In November in the same year, he was approached to join the Newcastle Knights as head trainer for the Under 20 NYC team, a role he couldn’t say no to.
Mick has become a trusted and well-known professional within the Hunter Region, and the wider community providing event medical management for:
- Waterworks Ultra Marathon (2016 – 2017).
- Hunter Junior Rugby Union finals series.
- Hunter Region and Westlakes PSSA athletics carnivals.
- Maitland Junior Rugby Union Cant Gollege Shield gala day.
- Thunderbolts Trail Run in the Barrington Tops National Park.
- Maitland Netball Associations 2015-16 competitions.
- Kurri Kurri Netball Association Representative Teams for 2017 State Age Championships.
- NSW Rugby Union, Newcastle Hunter junior development program.
- Cessnock Netball Association Representative Teams for the 2018 State Age Championships.
- In 2018 CHSM partnered with H Events and provides medical management to multi-sport events run by them.
- In 2018 CHSM also teamed up with the Maitland Saints AFC to provide sports trainer services, injury management and rehabilitation for the 2018 season.